Red lips can be the hardest beauty bit to conquer. But...when they're done right and worn with confidence they can have the same effect of a little black dress. Classic red lips never go out of style, which is why I've compiled a list of five favorites for all occasions...whether black tie, or everyday.
1) FOR THE IT-GIRL - It's all about the Sisley Phyto Lip Twist Matte in 18. This gorgeous blue-toned red is a true Parisian red and looks chic in all the right ways. I love that it has a hint of moisture, but manages to be budge and shine-free. It's the perfect compliment to Breton stripes and a leather jacket.
2) FOR THE NATURALIST - Reach for the Tata Harper Tinted Lip Treatment in Be Adored. I love this sheer wash of color with impact. It's the perfect 'just ate fresh berries' lip look with all the comfort of a nourishing all-natural balm.
3) FOR THE MAKEUP-MAVEN - Try out Clinique Pop Matte in Ruby Pop. This is a fun, punchy red with just the right amount of pink pull to brighten the entire face. If you're up for trendy beauty looks...this one is a must try.
4) FOR SERIOUS IMPACT - Swipe on Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Notorious in 408. It doesn't get any more full on red than this gorgeous creamy matte lipstick. It's nondrying but seriously intense in the pigment department, which is why Lip Maestros reign supreme when it comes to bright colors. But, this is one of those reds that everyone needs in their lives.
5) FOR THE COLOR-SHY - Give the One Over One Lip Oil in Scarlet Bloom a whirl. My pick for a hint of red that's everyday appropriate. I'd be comfortable wearing this one to the office, but I'd also feel like it's enough of a look for evening too. It also goes without saying that this lustrous oil creates a full-looking pout and provides hours of hydration.
What is your favorite way to wear a red lip?
*pr samples included.